Whether you are a recreational motorcyclist or a serious cross-country motorcyclist, it’s important to have the right insurance cover which meets your needs in order to protect yourself while on the road. Most states require motorcyclists to have basic liability insurance but due to the risks associated with riding a motorcycle, it is important to purchase more than just basic liability insurance.
The basics of motorcycle insurance include:
1. Liability coverage
Naturally, this cover includes protection of damage property and bodily injury to the motorist. It ensures you do not pay injury and repair bills for you and others. Despite the fact that It’s not the best option, it’s required.
2. Comprehensive and collision
While liability coverage shields another person’s expenses, collision coverage pays the bills in case of an accident. This policy pays for repair of your bike, riding apparel, helmets etc.
Collision coverage pays for damages to your bike in case of an accident while a comprehensive policy protects your motorcycle in case of theft, fire or vandalism. It comes in when it’s a non-collision incident an example being theft of your motorcycle.
With motorcycle insurance, it is possible to get special coverage which includes:
- Personal injury protection which includes physical therapy, psychiatric visits, and other costs regardless of whether you were at fault or not.
- Medical payments which cover expenses related to an accident
- Replacement value which covers the replacement cost of the motorcycle. It’s considered the original value less depreciation. If you have added any special features to your bike, you should consider upgrading your cover to replacement coverage so that it is not undervalued in case of theft or damages.
- Uninsured//underinsured motorist which will protect you in case of an accident with a person who has insufficient insurance cover for damages
- Trip interruption which covers any costs or expenses in case your bike breaks down when you’re far from your home until your bike is up and running
- Accessory custom parts equipment which will protect your bike against any additional unique parts which you purchased for your bike.
If you are a motorcycle enthusiast looking for coverage, visit us today at NE Arkansas, GTW Insurance for an array of motorcycle insurance coverage. Our team of professionals understand the importance of this cover and know exactly you need.